Summer is upon us and that mean’s its time to make a summer bucket list! Although I live in a tropical oasis year round, summer looks totally different for everyone. I hope we can all agree to some degree that it means buying cute new swimsuits, tans and all the ice cream and watermelon you can eat.
When I stumbled upon Stitch Fix’s Ultimate Summer Bucket List a few weeks ago, I just knew I had to create my own summer bucket list! Whats funny is that more than half of the items on their list I do almost year round, like go paddleboarding, walk in the sand, get a bright pedicure or watch a movie in the park.In the last month I have done all of those things haha. Last Friday my boyfriend and I actually dressed up as a Star Wars characters, a Jedi and Sith, and went to a local park to watch the Star Wars Movie. I guess that counts as a really unique movie in the park!! I knew that if I was going to create my own list, I had to mix it up quite a bit and make it really fun and exciting.
My Summer Bucket List:
- Paddleboard at:
- Vero Beach (the water there is usually glassy blue!)
- Ten Thousand Islands, specifically through the mangrove caves to shoot a video with my GoPro
- To a random island in the middle of the river and set up an Eno
- Make macaroons
- Finish re-decorating my new bedroom (consists of creating a DIY shiplap wall, buying a new comforter, hanging up wall decor and possibly investing in a modern bookcase)
- Hot tub at a hotel in town
- Take a trip to St. Pete (West Coast of Florida)
- Watch the sunrise on the East Coast of Florida and then drive across the state to watch the sunset on the West Coast of Florida
- Visit a Botanical Garden
- Make Blueberry Popsicle’s
- Camp at Jetty Park by the beach
- Start a hashtag called #summerpineapplehunt2017 (I did this the last two summers and would post photos with the hashtag whenever I found pineapples around town! I still get pineapple photos sent to me to this day!)
- Do something new and thrilling
- Take sparkler photos on 4th of July
- Blow up my giant flamingo float and ride it on the waves at the beach
- Take a bike ride around Cocoa Beach
- Longboard at sunset
- Go to St. Augustine
- Shop at a new outlet mall
What does summer mean to you? Do you have a summer bucket list started already?! I’d love to know in the comments.
Cheryl (mom)June 5, 2017 at 11:23 am
Love Love Love hope I can do some with you!!
katieskroniclesJune 5, 2017 at 2:56 pm
Thanks Mama. I’m sure we can. 😉