Happy early Thanksgiving friend! Popping in real quick to give you some last minute outfit inspiration. Naturally, I am wearing a sweater in my favorite color and got some major color blocking going on! A few of my pieces are on major sale already for all those Black Friday sales popping up so early!
Sunny Outfit Details
LOFT Sweater (similar, 50% off) / J.Crew Factory Skirt (similar) / Ralph Lauren Boots (similar, 30% off with code GIFTWELL)/ J.Crew Bag (on sale for 50% off using code SHOPFIRST) / Old Navy Headband (50% off!)
I am not joking when I say that everything is on major sale and I mean everything! First off, to put this last minute outfit together, I shopped my own closet. The only new piece is my beloved corduroy headband which I will get to in a second! When it comes to getting dressed for the holidays, don’t feel like you have to buy a completely new outfit. Most holiday colors are ones you already own, it’s just a matter of styling everything together.
You know I love color and a good theme like Thanksgiving is the perfect opportunity to mix all my fav fall hues together like mustard yellow and burgundy.
Other Fun Thanksgiving Color Combos
- Mustard Yellow + White
- Burgundy + White
- Mustard Yellow + Denim
- Burgundy + Denim
- Burnt Orange + White
- Burnt Orange + Denim
After looking everywhere and I mean everywhere for a top knot headband that fit my head right, I finally scored one at Old Navy! Right now it’s on sale for $5 during all the Black Friday craziness! I was actually so relieved that I found one that fit. There was a little worry that I had a funky shaped head! Not to worry, I also ordered a headband from Urban Outfitters and it fit amazing! So it’s not my head shape! 😂
My yellow sweater is actually super over-sized. Like it’s so big, I usually wear it with my faux-leather pants as a big sweater to cover my booty. I just folded it under like 6 inches and tucked it in to give myself a more defined waist. I love love love the balloon sleeves and found a very similar budget friendly yellow sweater that comes in 6 colors!
Amazing Thanksgiving Outfit Sales
- J.Crew Bag -on sale for 50% off using code SHOPFIRST)
- Similar Sweater -50% off, under $25
- Similar Leather Ankle Boots, 30% off with code GIFTWELL
- Old Navy Headband – $5! – such an amazing price)
My 5 Black Friday Shopping Strategies
I want to start this post off saying that there is absolutely no pressure to buy anything. From me, other bloggers, small or big stores. No things or stuff or sales will bring ultimate satisfaction, happiness or joy. I truly believe all that comes from God. You are already amazing before or after sale shopping!
Now, I love a good sale and clothes make me happy ha! But at the end of the day, it’s just clothes, tech stuff or gifts on sale and meant to be fun. Honestly, as a consumer and a blogger, I get completely overwhelmed with all of the sales that seem to come at me from every angle. Seriously, I will delete all my emails, skip out on social media and focus on my family in front of me just to feel sane. This year with influencing at an all time high, it seems even more over the top than usual.
Over the years I have developed some strategies that keep me focused, budget accordingly, am able to still shop without stressing out and have fun with it!
- Make a List – By December 1st, I am usually 90% done with shopping for Christmas presents. Yes, I am one of those people! 😂 On my Notes app on my phone, I have a list of my personal Christmas list, my family list and my friends list. Under each names are the lists of items I want to buy or have already bought for my family and friends. This list has been on my phone since mid November. When I buy an item, I put a emoji check mark next to it. ✔️
- Come Up with a Budget – Know exactly how much you want to spend and be realistic. For me there are two categories. The “Treat Yo Self” and the “Presents for Others” categories. I would love to buy all sustainable and expensive gifts but it’s not my reality. I usually budget between $75-$100/person. My family and I do a Secret Santa where we spend $100 on gifts. That totals out to more than $500 give or take which fits into my Christmas budget. Some years I have been more financially stable and was able to spend more and others I really had to buckle down and spend the bare minimum
- Only Buy What You Need or Will Truly Use – Back to the “Treat Yo Self” category ha! Usually I don’t ask for clothes for Christmas since I love shopping and find it fun. Living in Florida, I find shopping for a million sweaters, boots and jackets unnecessary. This year I really need a few new sweaters and have my eye on two. Once I buy them on sale, I will not make any other personal purchases. Everything else mentally in my mind is “off limits”. This is a great exercise to practice self-control. Just because it’s on sale does not mean you should buy it. Go in with you list, budget and buy items you need or are on your list.
- Buy Big Ticket Items – This is the one time I will tell you to buy more expensive and quality items. Most of my more expensive items like my J.Crew Factory coat, J.Crew leather bag or leather boots in this post were purchased during Black Friday or Cyber Monday Sales. Most of the items are normally over $100 and are reduced for a short time frame. Only buy big ticket items if you know they are never usually on sale any other time of the year. Again, I never go in blind. I know exactly what I want and only buy that one item.
- Don’t Go in Blind – Have a game plan. Make lists. Organize. Have self-control. The worst thing would be to feel the pressure and go frantic to get all the sales.